If you are just recently starting your business, it is very important that you understand what helps it grow. The number one factor that influences the growth of a particular business is its location. Recently, Dubai has been one of the hot spots for every new and upcoming business and profession.
The constant drive of this city to do better and further improve the quality of life for their ex-pat residents and citizens has really made it the best place for any entrepreneurial project.
That said, one such thriving business at the moment is that of a healthcare professional. Even the government of Dubai is eagerly helpful when it comes to assisting professionals or investors in the general medical or dental care field.
This is mainly because, most of the time, it is not possible for government-controlled hospitals to provide every type of healthcare facility. This is why they encourage investors and healthcare professionals to open private dental clinics as well as general clinics. You can get your Business Setup in both the mainland area and free zones.
What Are Some Essential Steps To Open A Dental Clinic In Dubai?
Even if you are an investor, you will require the help of a professional with an authentic degree or through a directory of clinics with the necessary qualifications. The registration process usually includes the following steps:
- Choose a Trade Name for your clinic. Whichever name you choose has to be sent to the Department of Economic Development (DED) for approval. It is a government organisation that registers your company name so that there are no repetitions.
- The clinic’s investor has to send an appeal to the DED to get initial approval. This application must include the necessary documents, including a layout plan for the clinic as well as your passport copy.
- Once the application has been sent, it is important that you apply for a license. The licensing procedure is explained in the next segment of this article.
- After applying for the license, you must submit a copy of the initial approval and payment fee of the registration along with the other necessary documents to the DED and Dubai Healthcare Authority (DHA). This will help you get the final approval from both these official organisations. Only after these documents have been verified will DED issue you a license.
- With that, you are almost done with your Business Setup. The last step includes applying for a DHA license. To do that, you have to create a profile on the official portal of DHA. You will get your DHA license once the authority has thoroughly verified all the presented documents. With that, you are free to open your dental clinic in your desired location.
What Is The Licensing Procedure To Open A Dental Clinic In Dubai?
Apart from getting a professional license from DED, you must also get it verified from DHA, which is the central authority providing licenses for interns, doctors, consultants, and general practitioners. You also have to get a local service agent to register the license.
Further mentioned here are the standard licensure requirements for a dentist to start a Dental Clinic. Any dentist who is applying with such a proposal must have one of the following degrees:
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Any equivalent degree from an accredited college or school
The DHA only recognizes and licenses some specialties when it comes to dentist licenses. Some of them are:
- Dental Radiology
- Oral Surgery
- Oral Medicine
- Paediatric Dentistry
- Primary Care
- Restorative Dentistry
- Forensic Dentistry
How to Register and Issue Dental License?
To register and issue a dental license, these are some steps you have to follow:
- Firstly register yourself with the DHA through its official portal.
- You will need some personal documents like ID proof, qualification certificates recognised by DHA PQR (Professional Qualification Requirements), a mark list for the entire year, official educational transcripts. Apart from these, you will also need to show your most recent professional experience, a valid professional license, your prior employment registration.
- With that acquired, you have to sit for a DHA fitness test and a DHA assessment to get the professional license. The complexity of the exam mainly depends on the healthcare professional title and might even include oral tests.
- After the exam is over, you will receive a letter stating your eligibility and if it was successful. Along with that, you will also get an offer letter with the professional title, a signature of the Medical Director, and a facility stamp.
To Sum Up
These are some steps you require to get a dental license. It is rather easy to open your personal practice and Dental clinic in Dubai with a dental license. However, all of this can be quite confusing for any first-timer. It is best if you hire a consultant to do that.
That will not only quicken your process but also ensure that you know your next step and do not end up wasting any resources. That said, Dubai is surely one of the best places to open a Dental Clinic as of now. You can reap a lot of benefits if you open your business in the free zone: however, a mainland business has its own perks and benefits.