Find out who can apply for the Golden Visa Dubai for Business Setup. Learn how the visa can help UAE investors and business owners by simplifying business processes and facilitating long-term stays. Dubai is a popular tourist, expat, and business destination for visitors from all over the world. In recent years, the city has taken several steps to make it simpler for foreigners to reside, work, and conduct business in the emirate. One such programme is the Dubai Golden Visa, which provides qualifying individuals and their families with long-term residency in Dubai.
This post will explore who is qualified for a Golden Visa in Dubai. And the steps required to apply for one.
Dubai Golden Visa: What is it?
A Dubai Golden Visa is an extended residency permit that permits holders to live and work in Dubai for a maximum of five or ten years. When it expires, the visa can be renewed by Dubai’s General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). Thanks to the visa, a separate entry permit is not required for the holder’s entry or exit from the UAE.
Who is Eligible for a Golden Visa for Dubai?
There are many kinds of people that qualify for a Dubai Golden Visa. These consist of the following:
- Investors: A Dubai Golden Visa is available to foreign investors who have made real estate investments or established businesses in Dubai. Depending on the sort of investment, different amounts of money are needed to qualify for the visa.
- Entrepreneurs: A Dubai Golden Visa is also available to entrepreneurs who have successfully launched an organisation in Dubai. The company must be inventive, scalable, and have a favourable effect on the economy of the UAE to be qualified.
- Skilled Professionals: The finance, technology, and healthcare sectors are just a few industries in Dubai that require highly qualified workers. If they match the requirements, people like these—including doctors, engineers, and scientists—can apply for a Dubai Golden Visa.
- Students: A Dubai Golden Visa is available to students who have earned a degree from an institution recognised by the UAE and have a minimum GPA of 3.8. The visa enables them to stay in Dubai for a maximum of five years while looking for work or starting a business.
- Artists and Creators: Dubai has several cultural and creative projects, and those who have significantly impacted the city’s cultural landscape are qualified for a Dubai Golden Visa. They must be internationally well-known and have received honourable accolades to qualify.
How can I get a Golden Visa for Dubai?
Eligible applicants must take the steps listed below to apply for a Dubai Golden Visa:
- Collect the Following Documents: Candidates must acquire the necessary documentation, which varies based on their application category. For instance, whereas entrepreneurs must confirm their business activities, investors must show proof of their investment.
- Apply Online: Through the GDRFA portal, applicants for a Dubai Golden Visa must submit their applications online. The application process requires users to register for an account, fill out all the necessary fields, and upload all required files.
- Pay the Fee: Each category has a different charge that applicants must pay to receive a Dubai Golden Visa. Investors and business owners must pay a cost of AED 2,500, while students and highly qualified professionals must pay a price of AED 1,500.
- Wait for Approval: After submission, the GDRFA will review the application. Depending on the category, processing times vary, but the majority of applications are completed in a few weeks.
- Obtain the Visa: A notification email detailing the visa collection procedure will be sent to the applicant if their application is accepted. You can pick up the visa from an authorised visa collection centre or from the GDRFA office in Dubai.
The Dubai Golden Visa should not be construed as a promise of citizenship or long-term residence in Dubai. A long-term resident visa entitles the holder to the residence and employment rights for a predetermined time. If the holder fits the requirements, the visa may be renewed after it expires.
Setting up a Business and the Dubai Golden Visa
The Dubai Golden Visa is a large inducement for business owners and investors to establish their operations in the city. The visa allows them and their families long-term residency and enables them to conduct business setup in the UAE without requiring a separate work permit.
It streamlines corporate operations in Dubai and creates a secure environment for expansion and investment. In order to promote company establishment in the city, the Dubai government has also launched a number of initiatives.
In general, the Dubai Golden Visa programme provides eligible individuals and members of their families with an advantageous opportunity to live and work in Dubai. They are able to contribute to the city’s continued expansion and development thanks to the visa. Which provides them with stability and safety.